- This event has passed.
Fellowship of the Ring: Singh, “Hankel determinantal rings”
April 16 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
This will be a weekly Commutative Algebra webinar, hosted by MSRI, that will take place at 1:30pm Pacific time every Thursday. The organizing committee is listed below. Each talk will have two parts: the first part should be accessible to graduate students after a first course in commutative algebra, and should survey the basic facts and the goals of some area of commutative algebra; the second part will typically cover recent research.
The second Seminar in the series:
Date/Time: Thursday, April 16, 1:30-3pm Pacific time
Speaker: Anurag Singh, University of Utah
Title: Hankel determinantal rings
Abstract: We will discuss various aspects of rings defined by minors
of Hankel matrices of indeterminates, and sketch a proof that these
have rational singularities. This is joint work with Aldo Conca,
Maral Mostafazadehfard, and Matteo Varbaro.
How to join: The goal of the seminar is to reach as wide as possible a group of students and faculty interested in commutative algebra, but some protection is necessary to avoid annoying interference on Zoom. Therefore, to be on the mailing list of the seminar and receive login information for each webinar, one must be a member, vetted by one of the organizers. Students and faculty are invited to send an email requesting membership *from a university account* to any one of the organizers.
- David Eisenbud <email@example.com>, chair
- Mel Hochster <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Craig Huneke <email@example.com>
- Srikanth Iyengar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Claudia Miller <email@example.com>
- Irena Peeva <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Steven Sam <email@example.com>
- Karl E Schwede <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Bernd Ulrich <email@example.com>