The second edition of the International Meeting in Commutative Algebra and Related Areas (SIMCARA 2019) will be held in São Carlos, Brazil, 22–26 July 2019. It will be organized by the research group on Commutative Algebra of the Department of Mathematics of the Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação – Universidade de São Paulo – Campus de São Carlos, SP-Brazil.
The meeting will celebrate the 150th birthday of Roger Wiegand and Sylvia Wiegand.
The meeting will include minicourses by Franz-Viktor Kuhlmann (Szczecin), Graham Leuschke (Syracuse), and Jan Trlifaj (Prague).
Confirmed plenary talks include:
- Dale Cutkosky (Missouri, USA)
- Pedro Garcia-Sanchez (Granada, Spain)
- Mohsen Gheib (Nebraska and Texas-Arlington, USA)
- David Jorgensen (Texas-Arlington, USA)
- Susan Morey (Texas State, USA)
- Aron Simis (Pernambuco, Brazil)
- Hema Srinivasan (Missouri, USA)
- Janet Striuli (Fairfield, USA)
For more information about registration, accommodation, and the program, see the web page for SIMCARA.