There will be a Spring School and Workshop on Polytopes March 11-15, 2019, at the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. The Spring School will last for two days, and the Workshop for three days.
The Spring School will include three crash courses, by
- Tim Römer (Osnabrück)
- Pierre Calka (Rouen)
- Hailun Zheng (Michigan)
The Workshop’s topics include (but are not limited to)
- face enumeration,
- the study of special classes of polytopes, such as simplicial, balanced, centrally symmetric and flag polytopes,
- high-dimensional aspects and threshold phenomena,
- asymptotic and approximation properties.
Invited speakers include:
- Imre Bárány (Hungarian Academy of Sciences),
- Martin Henk (Technical University of Berlin),
- Eran Nevo (Hebrew University of Jerusalem),
- Isabella Novik (University of Washington),
- Matthias Reitzner (University of Osnabrück),
- Elisabeth Werner (Case Western Reserve University).
For more information, including registration, see the web page for the Spring School and Workshop.