From February 19th to 23rd, 2018 a Conference on Rings and Factorizations will be organized at the Institute of Mathematics and Scientific Computing at the University of Graz in Graz, Austria.
The conference continues a series of ring theory conferences in Graz from 2012, 2014, and 2016.
The main subjects include:
- Multiplicative ideal theory: ideal and module systems, star and semistar operations,
- Dedekind, Prüfer, Krull, and Mori rings and their generalizations,
- Rings of integer-valued polynomials,
- Topological aspects in rings theory,
- Factorization theory in rings and semigroups,
- Direct-sum decomposition of modules.
Plenary Lectures will be given by:
- Pham Ngoc Anh (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
- Carmelo Finnocchiaro (University of Padova, Italy)
- David J. Grynkiewicz (The University of Memphis, USA)
- Evan Houston (UNC Charlotte, USA)
- Mi Hee Park (Chung-Ang University, Korea)
- Pavel Prihoda (Charles University, Czech Republic)
- Manuel Reyes (Bowdoin College, USA)
- Luigi Salce (University of Padova, Italy)
- Daniel Smertnig (University of Waterloo, Canada)
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Gyu Whan Chang (Incheon National University, Korea),
- Alberto Facchini (University of Padova, Italy),
- Marco Fontana (Roma Tre University, Italy),
- Sophie Frisch (Graz University of Technology, Austria),
- K. Alan Loper (Ohio State University, USA)
For more information, see the web page for the conference.