The University of South Carolina will host “Commutative Algebra — Algebraic Geometry in the Southeast” in Columbia, SC, November 8 –10, 2013. The conference will last from 3:30 on Friday, Novemebr 8, 2013 until noon on Sunday, November 10. There will be nine lectures, a poster session, and plenty of mathematical conversation. Graduate students and recent graduates are strongly urged to present a poster in the poster session.
Current speakers include:
- Neil Epstein (George Mason University),
- Angela Gibney (University of Georgia),
- Robin Hartshorne (University of California — Berkeley),
- Craig Huneke (University of Virginia),
- Ezra Miller (Duke University),
- Joseph Rabinoff (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Kirsten Wickelgren (Georgia Institute of Technology)
For more information, see the conference web page.