EACA’S Second International School On Computer Algebra and Applications
The Second EACA International School on Computer Algebra and its Applications will take place at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Valladolid (Spain) on June 24th-28th, 2013.
It is an activity of the Spanish network Red-EACA, Red Temática de Cálculo Simbólico, Álgebra Computacional y Aplicaciones.
The speakers and topics of the three courses are:
- Aldo Conca (Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy): Bounds on Syzygies.
- Irena Swanson (Reed College, USA): Primary decomposition and algorithms. Applications to algebraic statistics.
- Volkmar Welker (Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany): Combinatorics and Algebra of geometric subdivision operations on simplicial complexes
There will be grants covering local expenses for young researchers. Candidates will be selected under the supervision of the School’s Scientific Committee. Young participants will also have the opportunity to give a short contributed talk on their on-going work. The School also welcomes experienced researchers interested in these topics.
- Abstract submission and grant application deadline: April 8th, 2013
- Notification of acceptance on contributions and grants: April 19th, 2013.
- Early registration until April 30st, 2013.