REACT (Research Encounters in Algebraic and Combinatorial Topics)
February 15 - March 5
REACT (Research Encounters in Algebraic and Combinatorial Topics) is an online workshop for graduate students that will take place February 15 – March 5, 2021 on Zoom.
The first week (February 15-19) will consist of three courses, where speakers will introduce open problems in their fields:
- Matthias Beck (SFSU/FU Berlin) – Classifying combinatorial polynomials
- Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke (Universität Osnabrück) and Uwe Nagel (Kentucky) – Symmetries in algebra and combinatorics in finite and infinite settings
- Mateusz Michałek (Universität Konstanz) – Applications of enumerative algebraic geometry: complete quadrics in statistics
During the second and third weeks, students will work on the problems in small groups. There will also be online social activities. Please see the REACT website for course abstracts and details on how to apply, or email the organizing committee at email@example.com.
REACT Organizing Committee:
- Alessio D’Alì (Universität Osnabrück, Germany)
- Mariel Supina (UC Berkeley, USA)
- Lorenzo Venturello (KTH Stockholm, Sweden)