Banff, September 2004
These are some photos from the workshop on "Commutative Algebra: Homological and Birational Theory", held at the Banff International Research Station, in Banff, Alberta, Canada. Enjoy!
Please let us know if you have pictures you'd like to add to this page. We're grateful for any contributions.
Group Photos from BIRS
(Note that the large photos are very large: over 2 megabytes. The three photos are all of the same people, in different stages of smiling.)
The people in the photos:
Front Row: Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz, Hubert Flenner, Claudia Polini, Alberto Corso, Shiro Goto
Second Row: Dave Jorgensen, Srikanth Iyengar, Marc Chardin, Joe Lipman, Bernd Ulrich, Kei-ichi Watanabe, Moty Katzman
Third Row: Liana Sega, Moira McDermott, Claudia Miller, Sara Faridi, Lucho Avramov, Lawrence Ein, Paul Monsky, Nobuo Hara
Back row: V. Srinivas, Mel Hochster, Graham Leuschke, Paul Roberts, Sean Sather-Wagstaff, Dale Cutcosky, Anurag Singh, Rodney Sharp.
Photos from Marc Chardin
(see the original, larger, photos on Marc's website.)
- Mount Rundle and Tunnel Mountain
- Alberto Corso
- Dale Cutkosky
- A hike at Lake Louise:
- Cutkosky, Joe Lipman, Paul Roberts, and Sean Sather-Wagstaff at the Tea House above Lake Louise
- Bernd Ulrich
- Corso, Dave Jorgensen, Liana Sega, and Claudia Polini
- the same group, plus Cutkosky, Hubert Flenner, and Winfried Bruns, at the glacier above Lake Louise
- Corso, enjoying the view
- Ulrich, with glacier
- Ulrich, Polini, Corso, Flenner, and Bruns at the top of Sulfur Mountain
- the view from the top of Sulfur Mountain
- Ulrich, Flenner, and Lawrence Ein in the rain
Photos from Graham Leuschke
Photos from Joe Lipman
Joe Lipman has posted some great photos from Banff and Lake Louise to his own web page.
Back to commalg.org