There will be a workshop titled “Combinatorial and Experimental Methods in Commutative Algebra and Related Fields” at the University of Osnabrück, October 7th – 10th, 2015.
The workshop will be organized by Winfried Bruns, Aldo Conca, Jürgen Herzog, and Tim Römer.
For more information, see the web page for the workshop.
KUMUNU 2015 will be held on the campus of the University of Missouri, Columbia, on October 24 and 25, 2015. The conference starts at 12:45 pm on Saturday with the first talk at 1 pm and ends at 1 pm on Sunday. There will be a reception and dinner on Saturday evening.
Professor Craig Huneke, University of Virginia
Professor Anurag Singh, University of Utah
Professor Christel Rotthaus, Michigan State University
In addition, there will be three from KU, MU, NU and three graduate student speakers. The names to be announced later. For more information, please write to email@example.com or visit the KUMUNU website http://kumunu.missouri.edu/.
The Fields Institute in Toronto, Ontario, will host a semester-long program in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry in Fall 2016.
This semester-long program will focus on the topics in algebraic geometry with deep combinatorial connections. These will include, but are not limited to, Hilbert schemes, moduli spaces, Okounkov bodies, Schubert varieties, toric varieties, and tropical geometry.
There will be three programmatic workshops: an introductory workshop in August, a workshop on “Convexity in Algebraic Geometry” in October, and a workshop on “Combinatorial Moduli Spaces and Intersection Theory” in December. There will also be a graduate summer school in Summer 2016.
Applications for long-term visiting positions will be due in December 2015.
More information will be available on the webpage for the program.
The Graz University of Technology will host a conference with the title “Conference on Rings and Polynomials”, July 3-8 2016. The topic will be Rings, algebras and polynomials, with emphasis on:
- Integer-valued polynomials
- Polynomial functions
- Multiplicative ideal theory
- Factorization theory in rings and semigroups
- Module theory and linear algebra over rings
- Homological algebra
- Prüfer domains and related topics
- Zariski-Riemann spaces of valuation domains
- Silvana Bazzoni (Univ. of Padova, Italy)
- Paul-Jean Cahen (Univ. Aix-Marseille III, France)
- Mátyás Domokos (Hungarian Acad. Sci.)
- Mi Hee Park [unconfirmed] (Chung-Ang Univ., Korea)
- Hans Schoutens (CUNY, USA)
- Nicholas Werner (SUNY, USA)
For more information, see the web site for the conference.
The University of Utah will host a Summer School and Conference on Birational Geometry and Singularities July 18-26, 2016.
For more information, see the web page.
Title: Geometric and topological aspects of the representation theory of finite groups
There will be a Summer school, followed by a Workshop, on the representation theory of finite groups and related algebraic structures, with an emphasis on the modular case.
Venue: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Summer School: 27th to 30th July 2016
Workshop: 1st to 5th August, 2016
The speakers at the Summer school are:
- Eric Friedlander, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- Jesper Grodal, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Radha Kessar, City University, London, U.K.
- Peter Symonds, University of Manchester, U.K.
They will each deliver a lecture series consisting of four lectures each. Here is a tentative list of speakers at the Workshop:
- Alejandro Adem, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Luchezar L. Avramov, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A.
- Paul Balmer, University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- David Eisenbud, University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- Bob Guralnick, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- Alexander Kleschev, University of Oregon, U.S.A.
- Henning Krause, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Markus Linckelmann, City University, London, U.K.
- Dan Nakano, University of Georgia, Athens, U.S.A.
- Brooke Shipley, University of Illinos, Chicago, U.S.A.
- Greg Stevenson, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Burt Totaro, University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Mark Walker, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A.
These events will be an occasion to celebrate Dave Benson’s 60th birthday and his distinguished mathematical career.
The organizers are
- Jon F. Carlson (University of Georgia)
- Srikanth B. Iyengar (University of Utah)
- Julia Pevtsova (University of Washington)
- Sarah Witherspoon (Texas A&M University).
Further information concerning the Summer School, including registration information, will be available at in due course at http://www.pims.math.ca/scientific-event/160727-psswgatartofg.