The Graz University of Technology will host a conference with the title “Conference on Rings and Polynomials”, July 3-8 2016. The topic will be Rings, algebras and polynomials, with emphasis on:
- Integer-valued polynomials
- Polynomial functions
- Multiplicative ideal theory
- Factorization theory in rings and semigroups
- Module theory and linear algebra over rings
- Homological algebra
- Prüfer domains and related topics
- Zariski-Riemann spaces of valuation domains
- Silvana Bazzoni (Univ. of Padova, Italy)
- Paul-Jean Cahen (Univ. Aix-Marseille III, France)
- Mátyás Domokos (Hungarian Acad. Sci.)
- Mi Hee Park [unconfirmed] (Chung-Ang Univ., Korea)
- Hans Schoutens (CUNY, USA)
- Nicholas Werner (SUNY, USA)
For more information, see the web site for the conference.
Commutative Algebra and Its Interactions with Algebraic Geometry: Tight Closure, Linkage, and Syzygies. A conference in honor of Craig Huneke’s 65th birthday.
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Thursday, July 7 – Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
The conference is organized by L. Avramov, M. Hochster, K. Smith, I. Swanson, B. Ulrich.
More information will be posted when it is available.
Update 19 April 2016: There is now a website for the conference. It includes information on how to apply for support.
The University of Utah will host a Summer School and Conference on Birational Geometry and Singularities July 18-26, 2016.
For more information, see the web page.
update 29 August 2015: new web link
Title: Geometric and topological aspects of the representation theory of finite groups
There will be a Summer school, followed by a Workshop, on the representation theory of finite groups and related algebraic structures, with an emphasis on the modular case.
Venue: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Summer School: 27th to 30th July 2016
Workshop: 1st to 5th August, 2016
The speakers at the Summer school are:
- Eric Friedlander, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- Jesper Grodal, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Radha Kessar, City University, London, U.K.
- Peter Symonds, University of Manchester, U.K.
They will each deliver a lecture series consisting of four lectures each. Here is a tentative list of speakers at the Workshop:
- Alejandro Adem, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Luchezar L. Avramov, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A.
- Paul Balmer, University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- David Eisenbud, University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
- Bob Guralnick, University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- Alexander Kleschev, University of Oregon, U.S.A.
- Henning Krause, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Markus Linckelmann, City University, London, U.K.
- Dan Nakano, University of Georgia, Athens, U.S.A.
- Brooke Shipley, University of Illinos, Chicago, U.S.A.
- Greg Stevenson, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Burt Totaro, University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- Mark Walker, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, U.S.A.
These events will be an occasion to celebrate Dave Benson’s 60th birthday and his distinguished mathematical career.
The organizers are
- Jon F. Carlson (University of Georgia)
- Srikanth B. Iyengar (University of Utah)
- Julia Pevtsova (University of Washington)
- Sarah Witherspoon (Texas A&M University).
Further information concerning the Summer School, including registration information, will be available at in due course at http://www.pims.math.ca/scientific-event/160727-psswgatartofg.
The conference Computational Algebra, Algebraic Geometry and Applications will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 1-3 2016. This is a Conference in honor of Alicia Dickenstein. For more information please see the following link.
List of Participants (tentative)
- Carolina Araujo, Rio de Janeiro
- Laurent Busé, Nice
- Eduardo Cattani, Amherst
- David Cox, Amherst
- Fernando Cukierman, Buenos Aires
- Sandra Di Rocco, Stockholm
- Eduardo Dubuc, Buenos Aires
- André Galligo, Nice
- Gabriela Jeronimo, Buenos Aires
- Teresa Krick, Buenos Aires
- Reinhard Laubenbacher, Connecticut
- Laura Matusevich, College Station
- Roberto Miatello, Córdoba
- Bernard Mourrain, Nice
- Marie-Françoise Roy, Rennes
- Juan Sabia, Buenos Aires
- Bernd Sturmfels, Berkeley
- Bernard Tessier, Paris
This conference is a satellite event of the XXI Coloquio Latinoamericano de Álgebra (http://cms.dm.uba.ar/actividades/congresos/XXICLA/index_e_html)
There will be a “Conference on Combinatorial Structures in Geometry” August 8-12, 2016 at the University of Osnabrück, Institute of Mathematics.
The 17th bi-annual Workshop and International Conference on Representations of Algebras (ICRA 2016) will be hosted by Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York, USA.
Workshop: August 10–13, 2016 (Wednesday–Saturday). The workshop will feature lecture series by leading researchers:
- Claire Amiot (Institut Fourier)
- Michel Brion (Institut Fourier)
- Markus Linckelmann (City University London)
- Robert Marsh (University of Leeds)
- Julia Pevtsova (University of Washington)
- Ryo Takahashi (Nagoya University)
The exact workshop schedule will be posted closer to the event.
Conference: August 15–19, 2016 (Monday–Friday). The conference will include both plenary speakers and parallel sessions. The plenary speakers will include
- Srikanth Iyengar (University of Utah)
- Bernard Leclerc (Université de Caen)
- Steven Sam (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Catharina Stroppel (Universität Bonn)
- Hugh Thomas (University of New Brunswick)
- Antoine Touzé (Université Paris 13)
Additional plenary and parallel talks will be selected based on the submitted abstracts by the participants.
- Frauke Bleher
- Calin Chindris
- Harm Derksen
- Mark Kleiner
- Graham Leuschke
- Ralf Schiffler
- Dan Zacharia (chair)
- Luchezar Avramov
- Karin Erdmann
- Birge Huisgen-Zimmermann
- Henning Krause
- Idun Reiten
- Jerzy Weyman
For more information, see the ICRA 2016 web page.
The 24th National School on Algebra
EMS Summer School on Multigraded Algebra and Applications,
August 17-24, 2016, in Moieciu de Sus, Romania.
There will be the following two main courses:
- Monomial and binomial ideals, by Juergen Herzog and Takayuki Hibi
- Applicable combinatorial commutative algebra, by Ezra Miller and Thomas Kahle.
Funds for covering the local expenses to a limited number of selected participants will be available. Preference will be given to graduate students and early career mathematicians.
The deadline for registration is May 31st, 2016.
For more information, please visit the website:
The 2nd International Conference on Algebra in Honour of Leonid BOKUT and Surender K. JAIN will be held in Burhaniye, Balikesir, Turkey, 26-29 August 2016.
For more information, see the website for the conference.
CIRM will be hosting a workshop on Higher Dimensional Algebraic Geometry and Characteristic p September 12-16, 2016.
Over the past two years, there has been substantial and rapid progress in the understanding of higher dimensional algebraic varieties in characteristic p > 0, specifically from the point of view of the minimal model program. Techniques first developed in commutative algebra and representation theory in the 1980s have begun to be employed extensively. Further development and dissemination of these methods is still needed. On the other hand, it has become clear that in order for further progress to be made, connections with arithmetic aspects of varieties in characteristic p > 0 must be explored and addressed. Additionally, recent progress on applications of Berkovich spaces to birational algebraic geometry suggests another direction in which we will try to forge connections. This workshop will bring together researchers from distinct several areas within algebraic geometry and and also arithmetic geometry with the goal of disseminating recent techniques and forging new connections in research.
Scientific and organizing committee:
Manuel Blickle (Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz)
Karl Schwede (University of Utah)
Chenyang Xu (Beijing International Center for Mathematical Research)
For more information visit the workshop webpage: http://scientific-events.weebly.com/1376.html.