The Fall Central Sectional Meeting will be held at the University of Wisconsin, in Madison WI, September 14-15, 2019. There will be several Special Sessions of possible interest to commutative algebraists:
See more at http://ams.org/meetings/sectional/2267_program.html.
The meeting “Algebraic Combinatorics in Genova” will take place in Genova, Italy, from the 11th to the 13th of September, 2019.
- Bruno Benedetti (University of Miami)
- Riccardo Biagioli (Université de Lyon)
- Francesco Brenti (Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- Fabrizio Caselli (Università di Bologna)
- Giulia Codenotti (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Alessio D’Ali (University of Warwick)
- Emanuele Delucchi (Université de Fribourg)
- Lukas Katthän (Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main)
- Christian Krattenthaler (Universität Wien)
- Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke (Universität Osnabrück)
- Martina Lanini (Università di Roma Tor Vergata)
- Luca Moci (Università di Bologna)
- Leonardo Patimo (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)
- Volkmar Welker (Philipps-Universität Marburg)
- Aldo Conca
- Emanuela De Negri
- Mario Marietti
More information can be found on the conference website.
The 2nd Conference on Combinatorial Structures in Geometry will take place from September 2 – 5, 2019 at the University of Osnabrück.
- Federico Ardila (San Francisco State University, USA)
- Aicke Hinrichs (Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria)
- Tobias Müller (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Michael Weiss (University of Münster, Germany)
More information will appear on the conference web site in due time.
There will be a Workshop on “The Structure of Length 3 Resolutions”, August 19-23, 2019 at the University of California-San Diego. The topic is structure theorems for finite free resolutions, especially the length 3 case, following recent work of Jerzy Weyman. The goal is to introduce the subject at the graduate student level.
The workshop is organized by Steven Sam (UCSD). The main speakers are Jerzy Weyman (UConn), Lars Christensen (Texas Tech), and Oana Veliche (Northeastern).
There travel and lodging support for students and young researchers. Please use the registration form on the workshop web page if you are interested in attending.
The Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS) and the Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM) are organizing a summer research school on “Applied Algebraic Geometry” from 17 to 29 August 2019. The school consists of three courses on different topics held by Giorgio Ottaviani, Antonio Lerario and Ada Boralevi. These courses are followed by tutorial and research sessions led by the speakers. During the research sessions, the participants will work in groups on some proposed problems under supervision of the specialists.
Please find more information at the website of the school: https://iasbs.ac.ir/~rscaag/rscaag3/
This year the “XXIII Coloquio Latinoamericano de Algebra” will take place downtown Mexico City, August 5-9, 2019. There will be a special Session on “Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry” organized by Carolina Araujo email@example.com and Luis Núñez Betancourt firstname.lastname@example.org.
The web page of this meeting is
This is the first announcement of “A Jolly Pleasant Conference for Greenlees (J.P.C. Greenlees), officially known as Equivariant Topology and Derived Algebra – A conference in honour of John’s 60th birthday”, July 29 – August 2, 2019 NTNU, Trondheim
Preliminary list of speakers (In reverse alphabetical order):
- Sarah Whitehouse (Sheffield)
- Ulrike Tillmann (Oxford)
- Neil Strickland (Sheffield)
- Vesna Stojanoska (UIUC)
- Brooke Shipley (UIC)
- Constanze Roitzheim (Kent)
- Nigel Ray (Manchester)
- Doug Ravenel (Rochester)
- Peter May (Chicago)
- Srikanth Iyengar (Utah)
- Mike Hopkins (Harvard)
- Mike Hill (UCLA)
- Kathryn Hess (EPFL)
- Paul Goerss (Northwestern)
- Bob Bruner (Wayne State)
- Andrew Blumberg (Texas)
- Dave Benson (Aberdeen)
- Paul Balmer (UCLA)
Contact email: email@example.com
Hope to see you in Trondheim!
Scott Balchin, David Barnes, Magdalena Kedziorek, Markus Szymik and Gareth Williams
The second edition of the International Meeting in Commutative Algebra and Related Areas (SIMCARA 2019) will be held in São Carlos, Brazil, 22–26 July 2019. It will be organized by the research group on Commutative Algebra of the Department of Mathematics of the Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação – Universidade de São Paulo – Campus de São Carlos, SP-Brazil.
The meeting will celebrate the 150th birthday of Roger Wiegand and Sylvia Wiegand.
The meeting will include minicourses by Franz-Viktor Kuhlmann (Szczecin), Graham Leuschke (Syracuse), and Jan Trlifaj (Prague).
Confirmed plenary talks include:
- Dale Cutkosky (Missouri, USA)
- Pedro Garcia-Sanchez (Granada, Spain)
- Mohsen Gheib (Nebraska and Texas-Arlington, USA)
- David Jorgensen (Texas-Arlington, USA)
- Susan Morey (Texas State, USA)
- Aron Simis (Pernambuco, Brazil)
- Hema Srinivasan (Missouri, USA)
- Janet Striuli (Fairfield, USA)
For more information about registration, accommodation, and the program, see the web page for SIMCARA.