The Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS) and the Institute for research in fundamental sciences (IPM) are organizing the First Research School on Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry (RSCAAG) on the topic “Algebra, Combinatorics and Geometry of Monomials” from 5 to 17 August 2017 in Zanjan, Iran.
The aim of the school is to introduce research topics in the main streams of Algebraic Geometry and Commutative Algebra to young researchers and PhD students, and encourage them to collaborate in teams leaded by well-known mathematicians. To reach this aim, an educational-research school will be organized for a period of 2 weeks in IASBS. After some intensive courses on special topics, participants will be divided into groups and start work and research on some proposed related problems. These collaborations will be continued after the schools.
The topic of monomial ideals and algebras, as a subject of Commutative Algebra, Homological Algebra, Combinatorics and Geometry will be investigated from several points of view. The common point will be reaching to understand the behavior of monomials when the corresponding ideal or algebra has special properties.
- Eric Babson (University of California at Davis, USA)
- Jürgen Herzog (University of Essen, Germany)
- Abbas Nasrollah Nejad (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran)
- Volkmar Welker (Philips-University Marburg, Germany)
- Ali Akbar Yazdan Pour (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran)
- Rashid Zaare-Nahandi (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran)
- Ali Akbar Yazdan Pour (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran) (email@example.com)-Chair
- Raheleh Jafari (KHU, Tehran, Iran) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Salman Khodayifar (IASBS-Zanjan, Iran) (email@example.com)
- Abbas Nasrollah Nejad (IASBS-Zanjan, Iran) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ashkan Nikseresht (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran) (email@example.com)
- Ali Taherkhani (IASBS-Zanjan, Iran) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rashid Zaare-Nahandi (IASBS, Zanjan, Iran) (email@example.com)
Please find more information at the website for the school.