Alexander Grothendieck, one of the most influential mathematicians of the twentieth century, has died at the age of 86.
- AMS obituary.
- Obituary in New York Times.
- Obituary in Le Monde (in French).
- Another French obituary.
- “A country of which nothing is known but the name”: Pierre Cartier remembers Grothendieck
- “As if summoned from the void,” from the 2004 Notices of the AMS: part 1, part 2.
- Wer ist Alexander Grothendieck? (in German, from the 2006 Oberwolfach lecture by Winfried Scharlau
- A blog post by Steven Landsburg