current news: Alexander Grothendieck, 1928–2014 November 14th, 2014 (no responses)
Alexander Grothendieck, one of the most influential mathematicians of the twentieth century, has died at the age of 86.
- AMS obituary.
- Obituary in New York Times.
- Obituary in Le Monde (in French).
- Another French obituary.
- “A country of which nothing is known but the name”: Pierre Cartier remembers Grothendieck
- “As if summoned from the void,” from the 2004 Notices of the AMS: part 1, part 2.
- Wer ist Alexander Grothendieck? (in German, from the 2006 Oberwolfach lecture by Winfried Scharlau
- A blog post by Steven Landsburg
- December 5th, 2014: Hamilton, Ontario – CMS
- January 7th, 2015: IRTATCA: Barcelona
- January 10th, 2015: JMM 2015, San Antonio
- January 25th, 2015: Artin Approximation at CIRM
- February 9th, 2015: HTCA, Genova, Italy
- February 27th, 2015: Chicago: Local Cohomology
- February 28th, 2015: SLAM 2015
- April 2nd, 2015: AUS-ICMS ’15, Sharjah UAE
- June 7th, 2015: MRC 2015, Snowbird UT
- June 10th, 2015: AMS-EMS-SPM, Porto
- June 15th, 2015: MEGA 2015, Trento
- July 1st, 2015: Gröbner Bases in Osaka
- August 3rd, 2015: Kaiserslautern: Singularities
- July 1st, 2016: Fields Inst. semester in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry
- November 10th, 2014: 11th CA Seminar/24th Iranian Algebra Seminar
- October 25th, 2014: San Francisco 2014 – AMS
- October 18th, 2014: AMS Halifax
- October 10th, 2014: Osnabrueck: Bruns
- September 27th, 2014: KUMUNU 2014
- September 27th, 2014: Rt. 81 2014
- September 22nd, 2014: Arithmetic and Ideal Theory, Graz
- September 20th, 2014: AMS: Eau Claire, WI
- September 8th, 2014: Numerical Semigroups, Cortona
- September 8th, 2014: Trentino, Italy: MOCCA