current news: Two pieces of good news and one bad September 5th, 2016 (no responses)
Here are two fantastic pieces of news, with one piece of bad news in the middle.
The 2016 Mathematical Society of Japan Algebra Prize has been awarded to Kazuhiko Kurano (Meiji University), for his work in intersection theory over local rings and its application to the theory of Cohen-Macaulay modules. Congratulations! The other recipients of this year’s prize are Hidenori Katsurada and Masa-hiko Saito.
The Mathematical Sciences Program of the National Security Agency has announced that they will not be able to fund any new projects in fiscal year 2017.
Yves André has proved the direct summand conjecture using
perfectoid methods and Bhargav Bhatt has simplified the proof greatly and
also proved the derived version. Here are André’s preprint and Bhatt’s preprint.
- July 1st, 2016: Fields Inst. semester in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry
- January 4th, 2017: Atlanta JMM
- February 8th, 2017: International Seminar on Algebra and Coding Theory (INSACT 2017), India
- March 4th, 2017: SLAM 2017
- March 10th, 2017: AMS Charleston SC
- April 1st, 2017: AMS Sectional, Indiana University
- April 22nd, 2017: AMS Sectional, Washington State University
- May 1st, 2017: A View Towards Algebraic Geometry, in honor of David Eisenbud’s birthday
- May 6th, 2017: AMS Sectional, Hunter College NYC
- May 15th, 2017: Triangulated Categories and Geometry – a conference in honour of Amnon Neeman
- May 17th, 2017: Antalya Algebra Days 2017
- July 10th, 2017: The Prospects for Commutative Algebra, Osaka
- July 31st, 2017: SIAM Applied Alg Geom (AG17)
- September 23rd, 2017: AMS Sectional, Orlando
- November 18th, 2016: RTG Workshop on the Homological Conjectures in Commutative Algebra
- November 12th, 2016: AMS Fall Sectional, North Carolina State
- November 4th, 2016: CA+, Madison, WI
- October 25th, 2016: Seminar Grothendieck Alexander (SGA-Tehran-2016)
- October 17th, 2016: Kathmandu 2016
- October 1st, 2016: KUMUNU 2016
- September 24th, 2016: Route 81 2016
- September 12th, 2016: Higher Dimensional Algebraic Geometry and Characteristic P, CIRM
- August 26th, 2016: In Honour of Bokut and Jain, Turkey
- August 17th, 2016: Multigraded Algebra, Moieciu de Sus, Romania