current news: Two pieces of good news and one bad September 5th, 2016 (no responses)
Here are two fantastic pieces of news, with one piece of bad news in the middle.
The 2016 Mathematical Society of Japan Algebra Prize has been awarded to Kazuhiko Kurano (Meiji University), for his work in intersection theory over local rings and its application to the theory of Cohen-Macaulay modules. Congratulations! The other recipients of this year’s prize are Hidenori Katsurada and Masa-hiko Saito.
The Mathematical Sciences Program of the National Security Agency has announced that they will not be able to fund any new projects in fiscal year 2017.
Yves André has proved the direct summand conjecture using
perfectoid methods and Bhargav Bhatt has simplified the proof greatly and
also proved the derived version. Here are André’s preprint and Bhatt’s preprint.
- July 1st, 2016: Fields Inst. semester in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry
- October 1st, 2016: KUMUNU 2016
- October 17th, 2016: Kathmandu 2016
- October 25th, 2016: Seminar Grothendieck Alexander (SGA-Tehran-2016)
- November 12th, 2016: AMS Fall Sectional, North Carolina State
- November 18th, 2016: RTG Workshop on the Homological Conjectures in Commutative Algebra
- January 4th, 2017: Atlanta JMM
- March 4th, 2017: SLAM 2017
- March 10th, 2017: AMS Charleston SC
- April 22nd, 2017: AMS Sectional, Washington State University
- May 1st, 2017: A View Towards Algebraic Geometry, in honor of David Eisenbud’s birthday
- July 10th, 2017: The Prospects for Commutative Algebra, Osaka
- July 31st, 2017: SIAM Applied Alg Geom (AG17)
- September 23rd, 2017: AMS Sectional, Orlando
- September 24th, 2016: Route 81 2016
- September 12th, 2016: Higher Dimensional Algebraic Geometry and Characteristic P, CIRM
- August 26th, 2016: In Honour of Bokut and Jain, Turkey
- August 17th, 2016: Multigraded Algebra, Moieciu de Sus, Romania
- August 10th, 2016: ICRA 2016, Syracuse
- August 9th, 2016: 4th Seminar on Algebra and its Applications, Ardabil, Iran
- August 8th, 2016: Combinatorial Structures in Geometry, Osnabrück
- August 1st, 2016: Computational Algebra, Algebraic Geometry and Applications (in honor of Alicia Dickenstein), Buenos Aires
- July 25th, 2016: PIMS 2016, Vancouver
- July 18th, 2016: Higher dimensional algebraic geometry, Utah